TAMARIKI SCHOOL BOARD OF TRUSTEES
POLICY ON EMERGENCY PROCEDURES
NUMBER 318 October 1994
Clear safety procedures and practices equip the school community to deal with danger.
To provide appropriate procedures to safely manage the event of fire, earthquake or other types of emergency
1. A clear set of procedures should be developed, and all members of the community made aware of these.
2. Copies of the procedures should be posted in the kitchen and on the parents' notice board in the centre room as well as in all classrooms, and parents' attention drawn to these.
3. Practice evacuations, using outer doors, should be held without warning at least once a term.
4. Staff should review procedures once a term and be clear about the division of responsibilities.
5. Emergency exits should be unlocked in the morning and secured at night as part of the duties of the playground supervisor or a designated staff member.
6. Civil Defence guidelines will be referred to when developing emergency procedures.
DRAFTED BY: Michell, Kendrick, Edwards 1994
PRESENTED: 1994 PUBLISHED: 1994
ADOPTED: 1994 REVIEWED: 1997, 2003, 2013